Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Marquez was pessimistic to achieve podium

Paris - Honda team rider, Marc Marquez, capable of finishing in the top three at the MotoGP race in France. He admitted that he was pessimistic to reach the podium at the Le Mans circuit.

Started the race in France on Sunday (05/19/2013), from pole possition, Marquez actually slipped in the rankings to eighth after the start.

But, Marquez is able to perform consistently could eventually won the third place after overtaking Andrea Dovizioso on lap 27. He was sure to finish in third position to always end the race on the podium of the four series that have been held.

"In the race crew, and on the first lap, the feeling I was not good enough," said Marquez as reported by Reuters.

"I struggled with grip hard from behind, I almost fell several times. Occasionally I widened, so I did not expect to finish on the podium."

"But, after that I focused on the race, try to do your best and step by step I drove to the next position," he added.

With the podium this time, Marquez was always finishing on the podium in four series that have been held. In the United States he successfully became MotoGP champion, in Jerez finishing in second place, while at the Qatar MotoGP he also is able to end the race in third position.

No comments:

Post a Comment